High in Colorado

High in Colorado
Photo: Mandy Lea Photo

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chinchero: Mountains, Weavers, and Ruins, Oh My


After leaving Cuzco bright and early, we made our way towards Yucay where we would be spending the night. The journey included a stop off in the town of Chinchero to see some traditional weavers hard at work. Nearly everywhere you looked in Chinchero there were spectacular mountain views. We went just outside of the town to wander around some pretty amazing ruins. 
Mountains on the Way to Chinchero

Weavers in Chinchero

Ruins Outside of Chinchero

More Ruins

Still More Ruins

I ran down these stairs and back up in less than 5 minutes because I thought I saw a great photo opp at the bottom. I was wrong. Damn...

Church at Chinchero





 
Once we exhausted the ruins (or I should probably say the ruins exhausted us) we drove a ways outside of town to the site where we would start our run to the Salt Mines of Maras and on to the Urubamba River.

Photo Stop on the Way to Our Run

No comments:

Post a Comment